Verification is the process of proving to Google that you are the owner of a website. It is important to confirm ownership because once you have verified a site you have access to its private Google Search data, and can affect how Google Search crawls it.
Locate your verification code
To locate your Google site verification code:
- Login to your Google Webmaster Tools account.
- From the seach console homepage, locate the site that you would like to verify, and select Manage property followed by Verify this property.
- Select the Alternate methods tab.
- Choose the HTML tag radio button, you will be prompted with a Meta tag source code which is typically added into the <head> section of your website. Simply extract the code which appears between the content quotation marks - as shown below.
<meta name="google-site-verification" content="FD7051125675657234GT5763JSDH2" />
Adding the verification code
- From your Divendo admin, select Optimise.
- From the Site verification menu, select Google. You will be presented with the site verification dialog.
- Select the Enable verification checkbox, and enter the code you extracted above into the Verification Code textbox.
- Click the Save button.
Was this article helpful to you?