Verification is the process of proving to Bing (Microsoft) that you are the owner of a website. It is important to confirm ownership because once you have verified a site you have access to its private data, and can affect how Bing crawls it.
Locate your verification code
To locate your Bing site verification code:
- Login to your Bing Webmaster Tools account.
- From the webmaster tools homepage, locate the site that you would like to verify and select Verify now
- You will be prompted with a Meta tag source code which is typically added into the <head> section of your website. Simply extract the code which appears between the content quotation marks - as shown below.
<meta name="msvalidate.01" content="FD7051125675657234GT5763JSDH2" />
Adding the verification code
- From your Divendo admin, select Optimise.
- From the Site verification menu, select Bing. You will be presented with the site verification dialog.
- Select the Enable verification checkbox, and enter the code you extracted above into the Verification Code text box.
- Click the Save button.
Was this article helpful to you?